Bob’s life experiences are a wealth of wit, joy and practical experience. When asked, here is a short list of comments by Bob’s peers describing the legend himself…
• Bob Sutte, AKA “Bob Suite” is a 40 year appraiser veteran with appraisal tales as “tall as a Georgia Pine”.
• Bob has many true appraisal stories—a few of them actually happened.
• Bob is one of the most cantankerous, cheap and hilarious loveable older men—not presently in a “Home”.
• Bob’s wife Grace (of 39 years and not counting) tells him if he retires she will divorce him. “ In sickness and in health BUT not for lunch” and she means it !
• Bob’s company logo is “Get off My Lawn”!
• Bob is a voracious reader—Bob’s favorite book is “Ten Reasons Not to Tip”!
• Bob’s so old when he orders a three-minute egg, they ask for the money up front.
• Bob still has his own hair and a charming smile, with a sly “who me” innocence.
To know Bob is to love Bob. Bob makes CE Credit a time to remember and a time to hang out with fellow appraisers for a highly entertaining and “boooooring” good time. Personally, we all treasure our friendship with Bob! I’ll bet you do too.
Biography: Mr. Sutte has been a Florida REALTORS® Association and Graduate Realtor Institute instructor since 1982. In his other life, he is a residential, commercial, and industrial appraiser and consultant. He is owner of Real Property Analysts of Orlando and his work is primarily throughout the State of Florida. His experience also includes land use and marketability studies, highest and best use analysis, and economic feasibility studies as well as direct survey services to gauge the marketability of real estate space and/or property.
Mr. Sutte has served as a real estate appraiser and consultant to a wide variety of private and public clients in nineteen states and the District of Columbia. His background includes both real property valuation and real estate counseling on the most efficient and profitable solutions to various real estate problems. Mr. Sutte has had training and experience in the field of finance and experience in designing environmentally acceptable mixed use land development plans.
Mr. Sutte is a member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI, SRA) and is also a member of the Counselors of Real Estate (CRE). He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa. His real estate teaching experience has included membership in the national faculty of the Appraisal Institute since 1972. Mr. Sutte received the Harold D. Albritton Award from the Appraisal Institute. This was presented in recognition of his outstanding contributions to Real Estate education.
Since 1962, Mr. Sutte has served as a real estate appraiser and consultant to a wide variety of private and public clients in nineteen states and the District of Columbia. His background includes both real property valuation and real estate counseling on the most efficient and profitable solutions to various real estate problems. Mr. Sutte has had training and experience in the field of finance and experience in designing environmentally acceptable mixed use land development plans.
Mr. Sutte’s appraisal experience includes preparation of market value estimates for use in conjunction with sales, acquisitions, leasing, mortgage lending, condemnation, real estate assessment equalization, charitable donations for conservation purposes and estate settlement. He has prepared many estimates of value for conservation easements and diminution in value situations. All types of commercial, industrial and residential land and almost all types of improved property have been involved. In many instances, the valuation of encumbered ownerships and the appraisal of leasehold or leased fee interests have been part of the appraisal problem.
Mr. Sutte’s consulting experience has encompassed many real estate disciplines. Counseling services rendered have involved guidance on individual property leasing, ownership and development problems. A partial list of types of assignments completed includes:
• Estimates of marketability and economic feasibility
• Highest and best and most profitable use analyses
• Condominium conversion studies
• Land planning and development strategies
• Analysis of potential zoning and land use changes
• Commercial, retail, motel, apartment and industrial space rental surveys
• Direct mail and field interview studies to gauge marketability for various types of real estate
• Licensed Real Estate Broker – State of Florida (BK232449)
• State-Certified General Real Estate Appraiser – State of Florida (RZ241)
• State-Certified General Appraiser Instructor – State of Florida (GA5069)
• State-Certified Real Estate Instructor – State of Florida (ZH1001982)
• AQB Certified USPAP Instructor – The Appraisal Foundation (10485)
APPRAISAL INSTITUTE SERVICES:
• East Florida Chapter President 1998
• East Florida Chapter Region Representative 1995-2016
• Chapter Services Committee Member, Region X 1999-2002
• East Florida Chapter Education Chair 2019
Mr. Sutte has appraised and consulted for a variety of clients, including property owners, investors, attorneys, financial institutions, insurance companies, and federal, state and local government agencies.
Qualified as an expert witness in federal and state courts and before boards of appeal. Testimony in connection with condemnation, deficiency judgements, tax abatements, rate setting, and appraiser ethical conduct. Has served as a Special Magistrate for the Value Adjustment Boards of Brevard, Citrus, Escambia, Hillsborough, Lake, Okaloosa, Orange, Osceola, Pasco Volusia, Santa Rosa and Walton Counties.
Membership in the National Faculty of the Appraisal Institute since 1972, as an instructor for various real estate courses and seminars. Florida Realtors® faculty member since 1982, as instructor for the Graduate Realtors Institute (GRI) program and Continuing Education Express seminar series. Also served as adjunct faculty member of the College of Extended Studies at the University of Central Florida.